Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Obama's Speech in NH and some other musings...

"We can disagree without being disagreeable."

I find that line so inspiring and important. It's something that is so easy to forget in politics. Congratulations to Senator Clinton for her win, but with Obama being so close she now has to realize -and- deal with the fact that he is a serious option.

There has been some talk about an Obama/Clinton or Clinton/Obama ticket. Personally, I like the idea of an Obama/Edwards ticket, but I do recognize that a ticket with the two candidates currently at the lead would certainly be a powerful pair when the time for the general election is upon us.

If I remember correctly, both Obama and Clinton have stated they don't intend to run for the Vice-Presidency. I'd urge them to reconsider this position. I feel Obama would be more likely to do so, as I think Clinton is a bit more arrogant in that regard. I don't use arrogant in a completely negative way, mind you. I'm just not sure if she could handle not being the one at the top.

Although I think Obama would make a good President, I also think he would be a great Vice-President. Between the message of change he brings, and the support of older Democrats that Hillary seems to have... yes, it's certainly a powerful idea to see those two running together.

No comments: