Thursday, January 10, 2008

Children

So while watching the news this morning, I catch one piece on a couple of children found dead at the second level of the house. The newscast went on to mention that a woman opened the door for the police, and talked about her calmed demeanor. The newscast stated that this woman might be the mother of the children, but apparently no details have been released by the police on it yet.

A second news story then came up, talking about a father that threw his four children off a bridge... because he had an argument with his wife.

As I listen to these stories, I know I shouldn't be surprised. I know things like this happen, but the question burned into my mind is... why? What is going on through the heads of these people. What wrong did the children do? Not knowing the details I'm still pretty sure the answer is 'nothing'. Sometimes, it makes me wonder if the world's gone crazy.

There's gotta be something wrong with you when you lash at children like that. It makes me angry, upset but more than anything sad. Having a daughter of my own, I cringe at the thought of anyone doing anything to her.

The whole thing just makes me extremely sad.

No comments: