Tuesday, January 8, 2008

"... I found my own voice..."

The question is, has she?

As I've watched Clinton through this process, I've continued to feel that she needs to reach out to the individuals. Simply put, she needs to come across as more real.

Whatever she might say, I don't think her husband is helping her. Don't misunderstand, I don't hate Bill, but, some of the things I've heard him say just make me roll my eyes.

Obama is running on the basis of giving people an ideal. It's hard to fight against that, and Iowa was probably a wake-up call for Clinton. In NH, the race was quite close. She won, but as I've said in another post, Obama is not someone to be ignored.

Clinton, I feel, needs to make us believe in her. Yes, she has experience, but one could argue so did Bush when he entered his second term. She now claims to be an agent of change, and to be fair I'm almost inclined to believe her. I want to believe her. But, then Bill opens his mouth and... I roll my eyes.

She needs to stand on her own. Bill needs to shut up for a while. She needs to prove, that she's not just another Clinton. She's Hillary. She's different and she's here to make things better. I think she can do this, but I don't think she's actually done it yet.

I do admit that her recent vulnerable moment touched me. I've heard from some that they feel she can't share things like that, because as a woman she needs to make sure to project herself as a strong being. I agree that she must be strong, but I think that after everything that's happened in her life it would he hard to argue that point. No. I think she needs to show us that she cares, not only tells us, show us and that moment when she almost broke down. That was it. That was Hillary, not Clinton.

Then, of course, Bill opened his mouth and I rolled my eyes.

She's found her voice. I hope, for her sake, that she's honest with that statement. I do hope she's found her voice. I think she has a lot of potential, I think she can potentially deliver. But, if she's truly found her voice, I think she needs to make sure is not silenced by those around her.

She just needs to be Hillary.

No comments: